Meet our Attorneys
Communication. Dedication. Results.
- Founding partner
Neil is an experienced Real Estate Attorney who represents clients in both residential and commercial real estate transactions. His day to day practice includes helping clients with residential and commercial purchases and sales, title examinations, foreclosures, mortgage lending, leasing and landlord/tenant law. Neil frequently makes presentations to real estate agents, mortgage brokers, sellers and home buyers on a variety of topics related to real estate law, including contract drafting, foreclosures, mortgage financing, short sales, avoiding liability, REO Transactions, and home purchases. Due to Neil’s handling of hundreds of sales, purchases and financing transactions each year, he has been selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Star List, Real Estate Law, 2015 – 2021, an honor bestowed upon only 2.5% of attorneys in Upstate New York each year. Neil is also an experienced litigation attorney and has represented clients in several real estate lawsuits, such as actions for partition, actions to quiet title, and specific performance actions.
Neil is a former middle school social studies teacher and Teach for America Corps member in Brooklyn, New York. He received his Masters Degree in teaching from Pace University, and he graduated from the University of Rochester with a degree in Political Science and a minor in Music. While at the University of Rochester, Neil enjoyed singing and directing the oldest all-male a cappella group on campus – The Yellowjackets.
Before becoming a founding partner at Duggan & Pawlowski LLP, Neil focused his practice on insurance defense, personal injury, commercial litigation, and real property law.
During law school, Neil was a senior member of the Buffalo Moot Court Board and a quarter-finalist in the Charles S. Desmond Moot Court Competition. He also provided representation to low-income clients through the University at Buffalo Law School's Community and Economic Development Clinic where he focused his research on the community impacts of providing a living-wage to workers throughout Erie County. Neil was a recipient of the 2008 Buffalo Public Interest Law Program Fellowship. In addition, Neil was President of the Buffalo Criminal Law Society and Director of the Herbert Wechsler National Criminal Law Moot Court Competition, which is held annually in Buffalo, New York.
Neil has been admitted to practice in New York State and the United States District Court for the Western District of New York.
Areas of Practice
- Residential Real Estate Transactions
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Small Business Formation
- Wills, Estates and Probate
- New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, Buffalo, New York
- Honors: Buffalo Moot Court Board, Senior Member
- Honors: Quarter-finalist in the Charles S. Desmond Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Community and Economic Development Clinic, University at Buffalo Law School
- Honors: Buffalo Public Interest Law Program Fellowship, 2008
- Pace University, MST
- University of Rochester
- Minor: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- 2010 Charles Dautch Award for Excellence in the Law of Real Property, University at Buffalo Law School
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Real Estate Law
- 2005 University of Rochester Student Life Entrepreneurship Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Evergreen Health Services, Former Trustee/Board Member
- Buffalo United Artists Theatre, Former Board Member
- Lawyers for Learning, Former Board Member
- Buffalo ReformEd, Former Board Member
- Buffalo Criminal Law Society, Past President
- Herbert Wechsler National Criminal Law Moot Court Competition, Past Director
Past Employment Positions
- Kenney Shelton Liptak Nowak LLP, Associate Attorney
- United States Attorney's Office, Summer Law Clerk
- 2005 Teach for America Corps, Brooklyn, New York, Member
- House of Commons, London, England, Office Assistant to the Honorable Nick Hawkins
Pro Bono Activities
- Lawyers for Learning Volunteer Tutor
- University at Buffalo Law School’s Community and Economic Development Clinic
- University of Rochester All-Male A Cappella Group, Director